Is Cashopolis a pawn shop?
No, we are not a pawn shop. We are a second-hand store. What's more, Cashopolis is perhaps the most beloved specialty retailer in Saskatchewan. (Don’t take our word for it — check us out on FB.)
Do you sell items on consignment?
No, sorry, we do not do any sort of consignment.
Do you offer layaway?
Yes. You can read all about it here.
Do you cash cheques and/or give payday loans?
No. Cashopolis is a second-hand store.
Do you barter?
We work very hard to research every item we buy to ensure we have the best price. Because of that, we in general do not do deals on the items we have in stock. If you see something on the floor that you believe to be mispriced, please bring it to our attention so that we can check into it.
Can you put items aside for people?
We can put items on hold until the end of that day. We do not hold items longer than that to give everyone a chance at the item. We also offer a 30-day layaway program on any purchase over $50. (See here for details.)
How do you make sure that items you buy are not stolen?
We work closely with the Saskatoon and Regina Police Departments to thoroughly check into every item that people sell us. In short, here's how:
- We first photo ID every seller in an effort to determine whether the item truly belongs to the person in front of us.
- If we agree to buy it, we then electronically report and submit the item to the Saskatoon/Regina Police afterwards, so that they can run it through their database to make sure it's not stolen.
- If an item checks out (after 5 calendar days in Saskatoon and 15 calendar days in Regina), ONLY then is it placed on our shelves and made available for purchase.
What kinds of things do you usually buy?
✨ At Cashopolis, we buy all kinds of things! ✨
- TVs (any size LCD, LED & Plasma) - flat panel only
- iPods (please remove password and iCloud accounts)
- Blu-ray and DVD Players
- Amplifiers & Pre-Amps
- Receivers (Stereo & Surround)
- Speakers (tower, bookshelf & surround)
- Powered Subs
- Surround Packages
- Tablets (iPads, Samsung, etc. — please remove password and/or iCloud accounts)
- Laptops (please remove password or tape a temporary one on the bottom)
- Turntables (must have cartridge and needle)
- Head Phones
- Video games (We take every console system and games from the oldest like pong, Atari and Nintendo to the newest like Xbox One, WII U and PS4.)
- Guitars (any age, electric, bass, or acoustic)
- Guitar Amps & Pre-Amps (electric, bass or Pro Audio)
- Drums (complete kits, singles and cymbals)
- Karaoke Machines
- Guitar Pedals and tuners
- Guitar and music stands
- Musical instruments in general
- Golf Clubs and bags
- Bikes & Unicycles
- The list goes on... 🙂
p.s. Please be sure to include all accessories and remotes for more value.
No appointment is necessary to get an appraisal — call, click, or come in any time we're open. And there's no obligation with getting an appraisal — we'll appraise your item even if you might not be ready just yet to sell it to us.
p.p.s. Please note: Every item we buy is done on a case-by-case basis.
Our appraisers consider age + condition + appeal + our current stock to determine how much they would offer for an item, and if they'd buy it.
Are all of the items you sell used?
No, a variety of the items we sell are brand new. We carry lots of brand new items including but not limited to: tools, game controllers and accessories, musical instruments, car audio speakers, and amp install kits, just to name a few.
How much do you pay for ______?
We have no set percentage or base price for items. Every purchase we make is done on a case-by-case basis. Our appraisers consider age + condition + appeal + our current stock to determine how much they would offer for an item, and if they'd buy it.
How often do you get new stock?
Every day. 😊
What are your hours?
We are open 10:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Saturday and 12:00pm to 5:00pm on Sundays. We are closed on statutory holidays.